Grace Roofing replaced the roof covering of this farm house, with new Corrugated Colorplus thunderstorm roof sheeting.
The work entailed. Strip and remove existing roof covering and battens. Replace with new timber purlins, foil underlay and corrugated roof sheeting. New barge capping and ridging. The project duration took approximately 12 days to complete.
We also supplied and fitted a new veranda. Constructed out of treated timber rafters, resting on a large laminated siligna beam supported by four 140 x 140mm saligna posts. Providing a perfect entertainment area.
The results were amazing. Completely transforming this home.
We recently completed a new roof installation in Harburg, KZN. I am very proud of my team as I think they did an amazing job, with a high quality finish. Well done !
Standard timber trusses with Saflok thunderstorm roof sheeting.
It is important that home owners maintain their roofs on a regular bases to help prolong the life of the roof and keep it water tight.
I have listed below a few of the basic roof maintenance tasks a home owner can do. This should be done at least once a year. A good time would be during the winter months. By doing this regularly once or twice a year the owner will become familiar with the overall condition of their roof, and foresee and budget for future repairs.
- Remove all moss, leaves, branches and other vegetation that has accumulated on the roof covering over the past 12 months, using a strong brush or broom, or a high pressure cleaner. The large growths of moss in between roof tiles prevent the efficient flow or run off of rain water from the roof and may lead to roof leaks on a low pitch roof.
- Clean all gutters and down pipes, removing any dirt and leaves. Especially valley gutters. This is a common cause of roof leaks below valleys
- Trim back overhanging branches from trees and bushes.
- Check overall condition of the roof covering. Cracked roof tiles, or faded roof sheeting, flashing around chimneys, roof sheeting screws and washes are free of rust. Check that roof screw washer rubbers are still in good condition.
- Check ridge tiles for cracks, or damaged cement mortar. Replace cement mortar, or (as a temporary measure) apply acrylic paint and membrane over ridge tile joints.
- Clean fascia, barge boards and gutters.
Try and complete your roof maintenance well before the summer rain.
Care must be taken when working at heights and on your roof. The moss buildup can be very slippery when damp.
It would be a good idea to rather call in a professional roofing contractor like Grace Roofing to assist with roof maintenance if the owner feels they are not capable.
Grace Roofing are happy to assist with any of the tasks listed above. Contact us for a quote.
Tel: 082 669 2554
Construction of a new hip roof using timber trusses and concrete roof tiles.
Recently a client requested that we install 100mm Isotherm between the ceiling boards and roof sheeting.
In most homes the ceilings are placed below the roof trusses making installation quick and easy (No longer than a few hours). We would simply climb in the ceiling void and place the isotherm blankets between the trusses.
However, in this case the client had exposed trusses, with raked ceilings installed in between the truss top cords. The only way for us to install the isotherm was to remove all the roof sheeting, carefully place the 100mm isotherm on top of the ceiling boards, and then refit foil underlay and roof sheeting.
Although Grace Roofing install new roofs and roof alterations, we also offer general roof repair services.
These may include but not limited to; roof leaks, flashing, cracked roof tiles, ridging, replace undertile membrane, replace roof sheeting, roof tile pressure cleaning.
Storm damage repairs, and insurance claims
Grace roofing supply and install complete new roofs. Our services include design, supply and install.
This includes existing roof alterations and extension as well.
We recently replaced the badly rusted roof sheeting to this lovely old farm house with new corrugated Colorplus SLATE roof sheeting.
We also installed a neat little lean-to roof above the front entrance.
Old faded roofs can be brought back to life with a little paint. Adding a fresh new look and colour back to your home.
Take a look as this concrete tiled roof, where we pressure cleaned the existing roof tiles, replace any cracked tiles, replaced the old faded barge boards and sprayed on a durable acrylic roof paint. This house now looks brand new again.